photo via: www.cpalinks.com
"I’m a CPA, a professional in an esteemed profession. I’m also a “social animal.” The word “social” can be an adjective or a noun. This article answers the question: Can social media and the CPA profession mix?
Merriam-webster.com has a number of definitions for the word, “social:”
- Involving allies or confederates;
- Marked by or passed in pleasant companionship with friends or associates;
- Of, relating to or designed for sociability;
- Of or relating to human society, the interaction of the individual and the group or the welfare of human beings as members of society;
- Tending to form cooperative and interdependent relationships with others;
- Living and breeding in more or less organized communities; and
- Tending to grow in groups or masses so as to form a pure stand. By these definitions there is no reason why there cannot be a blending of our profession and social media.
I have been involved with social media (SM) for about three years and some would say that if this dinosaur can do it any CPA can. But, why should you become involved with it?..."
read entire article
Social Media Strategies for Professionals and Their Firms by Michelle Golden